In today’s global workplace, employees lacking solid foundation skills such as basic math, reading, writing and effective communication can severely impact productivity and efficiency.
The Workplace Basic Skills program prepares a company's workforce to be more competitive by improving reading, math and communication skills to meet the demands of changing technology and the emphasis on quality. Classes are offered covering topics such as reading, writing, math improvement and English as a Second Language. The Center for Business and Industry’s highly flexible scheduling offers classes at a company's work site and can accommodate any shift schedule.
The benefits to your company could include:
- Improved capacity to use technology
- Better team performance
- Higher success rate in promoting employees within the organization
- Reduced error and injury rates
- Increased capacity to handle on-the-job training
- Increased employee morale
- Increased employee retention
- Increased profitability
- Improved ability to read safety information and standard operating procedures
Listed below are some of the many Workplace Basic Skills training solutions available to businesses.
- Math Upgrading
- Reading Improvement
- Writing Improvement
- Upgrading Your Grammar
- English as a Second Language (ESL) - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced
- Math for ESL Students
- Workplace Pathways
Working with CBI’s extensive network of instructors, the Workplace Basic Skills program can create course content which meets the specific needs of employees.
Program Topics Include
- Applied Math
- Business Writing
- Cultural Awareness
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Front-Line Leadership
- Goal Setting
- Project Management
- Workplace Communication
For more information contact:
Center for Business & Industry